More Indian local and international premieres from Astro
In celebration of the New Year for various Indian communities, Astro pays tribute to local shows and talents, and proudly presents the premiere of 6 local shows: concert Kaigeh Turun; a Vaisakhi special musical show, O’ Yaara Aayi Vaisakhi; an Ugadi special telemovie, Jagadanandakaraka; a Vishu special musical show, Vishuppulari, a Chithirai Puthandu special telemovie, Sara; and, Supramani, the first local Tamil comedy-fantasy series.
Marc Lourdes, Vice President, Indian Channel Business, Astro, said, “This year, the Indian community will be able to enjoy more new, local productions across dialects including Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu and Punjabi, as well as a slate of premium shows from India. Customers can also stream these shows and more anytime On Demand and on Astro GO. We are also delighted to be able to present those who follow our Astro Ulagam digital platforms with a brand new, exclusive New Year web series, similar to what we did last Deepavali. On RAAGA, we will have virtual concert featuring popular local artistes. We would like to wish all our Indian friends, Ugadi Subhakankshalu, Vishu Ashamsakal, Vaisakhi Diyan Lakh Lakh Vadhaiyan, and Chithirai Puthandu Vaazhthugal. Thank you for supporting Astro for the past 25 years. We look forward to entertaining you for many more years to come.”
Astro customers can enjoy these local premieres:
- Kaigeh Turun, a concert showcasing legendary local artistes including Darkkey, OG Dass, Mista G, Lockup Nathan, Lockup Xavier, SP Ragu, Coco Nantha and more, directed by renowned filmmaker, Dev Rajah and hosted by ‘Punnagai Poo’ Gheeta and Jaya Rajendran.
- Supramani, comedy-fantasy series and the first local Tamil series featuring a robot, directed by local filmmaker, Muralikrishnan Munian and starring Magendran Raman, Tashayini, Kabilan and Hemaji.
- O’ Yaara Aayi Vaisakhi, a ‘Vaisakhi’-special Punjabi musical show, directed by local talent, S A Thurai featuring Malaysian artistes Arvinder Raina, Kiret Singh, Ashvinder Kaur and more, showcasing traditional aspects of the celebration and engrossing performances.
- Jagadanandakaraka, an ‘Ugadi’-special Telugu suspense telemovie by local director, Naavin Samrat, starring local talents Prakash Rao, Komalaa Naaidu, Sarath Kumar and Vanishrri.
- Vishuppulari, a ‘Vishu’-special Malayalam musical show about culture and tradition, by local director, S A Thurai, featuring popular Malaysian artistes Datin Sri Shaila, Vani Nethiar, Shastan K, Sabesh Manmathan, Hashmitha Selvam and Sri Srinivas.
- Sara, a ‘Chithirai Puthandu’-special Tamil horror telemovie, directed, produced and starring Shalini Balasundaram, along with Devyanaa, Krithigah Nair and Vemanna.
Customers can also enjoy premiering international shows including interview specials, Thalaivi Special and Karnan Special featuring the cast and crew from biographical film ‘Thalaivi’ and action-drama film ‘Karnan’ respectively; drama and sports film Kalathil Santhippom starring Jiiva, Arulnithi Tamilarasu, Manjima Mohan and Priya Bhavani Shankar; talk show, Special Pattimandram featuring Kalaimamani Dindugal I. Leoni; game show, Moi Virundhu; historical fiction animation, Dhira, voiced by popular Indian actor Vijay Sethupathi; as well as new episodes of celebrity music reality show, Rockstar featuring legendary singers, Devi Sri Prasad, Mano and Srinivas and more.
In addition, all Malaysians can stream New Year Galatta, a heart-warming family drama web-series premiering on Astro Ulagam, by local director Sathish Natarajan featuring local talents such as Tivagaran, Sandhya, Manivannan, Meshalini, Shakthi, Veneeth Menon, Krithigah, and more. On the radio front, RAAGA fans can stream a virtual concert, Enna Matter`Na Chittirai Putthandu Kondattam, via RAAGA Facebook.
For more information, visit content.astro.com.my