23 June 2014
Kuala Lumpur, 23th June 2014 – The Asia Pacific Customer Service Consortium (APCSC) awarded Astro with the Asia Pacific Customer Relationship Excellence (CRE) Awards in the entertainment category for Customer Experience Center of the Year and Online Customer Service of the Year in Hong Kong.
19 June 2014
KUALA LUMPUR, 19 June 2014 – Astro Malaysia Holdings Berhad (Astro) yesterday announced its first quarter results of the financial year ending 31 January 2015, where it reported a double-digit growth of 11% in revenue to RM1.25bn, from RM1.13bn in the same period last year.
18th June 2014
RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA, Calif, June 18, 2014/PRNewswire/ – Toastmasters International will honor noted Malaysian media CEO Rohana Rozhan as the recipient of its prestigious Golden Gavel award.
5th May 2014
KUALA LUMPUR, 5th May 2014 –In a fitting tribute to a movie legend and philanthropist, the Late Sir Run Run Shaw, Astro has dedicated an exclusive channel showcasing 6 of his award-winning classics from the Shaw Brothers Studio. The dedicated SHAW Channel (Astro Channel 399) will be available from 5th to 11th May 2014, to all 3.9 million Astro and NJOI customers.
1st May 2014
KUALA LUMPUR, 1st May 2014 – Astro Shaw’s movie, ‘The Journey’ has received an “Outstanding Arts and Entertainment Award” in the Malaysia Book of Records (MBR) for its highest box office collection of all time.
29th April 2014
KUALA LUMPUR, 29th April 2014 –Astro, the official broadcaster of the 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZILÔ, aspires to offer Malaysians the most comprehensive and complete coverage of the greatest show on earth on the ‘WATCH, PLAY, READ and LISTEN’ platforms.
25th April 2014
KUALA LUMPUR,25th April 2014 – Astro is honoured to put Malaysia on the global map yet again with the recent wins by Astro’s On Air Promo team at the 2014 New York Festivals Television & Film Awards. Astro gained recognition in the following categories at the award ceremony;
17th April 2014
KUALA LUMPUR, 17th April 2014 –Astro is once again set to tour the nation , inviting Malaysians from all walks of life into the inspiring Astro universe. Planet Gempak Ola Bola, a grand fest now in its second consecutive year, will be touring to four different destinations – Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Johor Bahru & Kuala Terengganu – while giving Malaysians the opportunity to be part of a thrilling, colourful experience.
31st March 2014
KUALA LUMPUR, 31st March 2014 – Astro Malaysia Holdings Berhad (Astro) today announced its results for the financial year ended 31st January 2014. During the last 12 months, the Company achieved double digit growth; with revenue increasing by 12% from RM4.3bn to RM4.8bn, while EBITDA rose 16% from RM1.4bn to RM1.6bn.
24th February 2014
KUALA LUMPUR, 24th February 2014 –Local movie, ‘The Journey’, presented by Astro Shaw and produced by Woohoo Pictures, today became Malaysia’s No. 1 Local Movie when it achieved highest box office sales of RM12.92 mil as at 23 February 2014. For 25 days of its release cinema admissions has not declined, going against traditional trends.
19th February 2014
KUALA LUMPUR, 19th February 2014 –Astro today introduced the next generation multilingual TV Guide, the first of its kind in Malaysia, which will be available to all Astro B.yond customers in phases nationwide beginning 24 February 2014 onwards.
11th February 2014
KUALA LUMPUR, 11th February 2014 – Astro Malaysia Holdings Berhad (Astro) through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Astro Retail Ventures Sdn Bhd has entered into a Shareholders’ Agreement with GS Home Shopping Inc. today to establish a home shopping business in Malaysia through Astro GS Shop Sdn Bhd (AGSSB). AGSSB will be 60% owned by Astro Retail Ventures Sdn Bhd and the remaining 40% by GS Home Shopping Inc., a leading home shopping operator in Asia with presence in South Korea, China, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, India and Turkey.
31st March 2014
KUALA LUMPUR, 21nd January 2014 –Astro Best, a premier Pay-Per-View service, has signed a multi-year agreement with Sony Pictures Television (SPT) to bring Sony Pictures’ feature films to over 15 million Astro viewers. Launched in August 2012, Astro Best brings in the latest Hollywood and Asian titles in their earliest window after theatrical screening to the comfort of Malaysian homes on Astro Best channel 481.
21st January 2014
KUALA LUMPUR, 21st January 2014 –Malaysians will be pleased to know that they do not have to go to the newsstands to get their favourite magazines. Instead they can now download and enjoy reading their latest, favourite e-magazines at their leisure, anytime anywhere, thanks to Astro Digital Publication’s new e-magazines.
20th January 2014
KUALA LUMPUR, 20th January 2014 – TVB drama buffs can now enjoy the latest Astro On Demand dramas On-The-Go, via mobile devices anytime, anywhere. In addition, Astro customers can now enjoy Astro Zhi Zun HD, TVB Entertainment, CNBC Asia and ITV Choice on Astro-On-The-Go.