Astro Service Portal (Subscription via SMS) Terms and Conditions
1. The Services and Eligibility
- The SMS Subscription (via Portal) ("SMS VP Subs") is a Short Messaging System ("SMS") service provided to Astro Customers who want to subscribe to Astro Package(s) (hereinafter referred to as the "Service") via interactive TV.
- The Service is open to all Active Astro Customers subscribed to prepaid and post-paid services of Maxis, Digi and Celcom mobile phone operators providing Short Messaging System ("SMS") services (hereinafter referred to as the "User").
- To use the Service, the User must select the relevant interactive TV channel and follow the on-screen instructions. The Services are available for subscription /reception equipment upgrade of the Astro Services
- Astro reserves the right to reject any request for use of the Service at its sole and absolute discretion without having to assign any reasons whatsoever.
- All requests must be made in Bahasa Malaysia/English only.
- Astro, at its discretion, will verify each SMS it receives by calling the User on the User's mobile phone from which the User had sent his/her SMS request.
- The subscription for Astro package(s) via this Service shall be subject to and in addition to the General Terms & Conditions of the Astro Service.
- The standard SMS fee charged by the User's mobile phone operator applies on each SMS sent by a User.
- Any charges for subscription to the Service or upgrade to the reception equipment shall be stated in the User’s’ Astro monthly bill. Please refer to the User’s Astro monthly bill for the definitive calculation of the Subscription Fees payable for the period stated in the said bill.
3. Proof of Receipt
- Proof of SMS sent by a User does not denote proof that the SMS was received by Astro.
4. Use of Mobile Numbers
- Astro and/or its affiliates reserve the right to send SMS messages to the Users mobile phone numbers containing information and promotional activities regarding Astro and/or Astro package(s).
- If a User does not wish to receive such SMS messages the User is required to call and inform Astro accordingly by calling Astro's call centre at 03 - 9543 3838.
5. Adherence to Terms & Conditions
- All Users shall be required to adhere to the Terms and Conditions herein and changes thereto.
- Astro reserves the right to change, amend, delete or add to these Terms and Conditions without prior notice at any time and the Users shall be bound to such changes.
- Astro will not be responsible or liable for:
— Any problem, loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by any party due to:
♦ Any delay and/or failure in receiving and sending a SMS as a result of any network,
communication or system error, interruption
♦ Failure experienced by the participating mobile phone operators or by Astro
- Any problem, damage or loss of whatsoever nature to any User, or their authorised representatives resulting from their participation in the User.
- Any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- Astro reserves the right at its sole discretion to reject any request for use of the Service by any individual that Astro determines to be tampering with the subscription process or the operation of the Service or to be acting in breach or potential breach of these Terms and Conditions. No correspondence shall be entertained.
- Astro further reserves the right to cancel, modify, suspend or delay the Service in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control.