Astro Radio refreshes 11 brands to deliver better value to fans
Radio today is interactive and social; it has transcended from merely ‘FM’ broadcasting to include video content, social conversations, news, traffic updates, podcast and talk shows, movie reviews, live concerts and community events. Likewise, Astro Radio has evolved over the years into a brand that connects with communities of fans across all music genres and multiple platforms that include radio, mobile, digital, social media, on-ground events and talent. Through it all, Astro Radio remains focused on engaging its fans better, strengthening its content with more videos and ensuring its fans continue to enjoy the best content and music experiences.
In line with its new brand promise to engage fans across multiple platforms with content that resonates with all segments of the population, all 11 of Astro Radio’s brands will be refreshed to ERA, MY, HITZ, MIX, LITE, SINAR, RAAGA, GEGAR, MELODY, ZAYAN and GOXUAN on 2 January 2018. The ‘FM’ suffix will no longer be used.
QUOTE FROM OUR SPOKESPERSON
Datuk Jake Abdullah, Chief Executive Officer, Astro Radio
“We have gone beyond the airwaves, you can find us virtually everywhere. Over the years, social media has proven to be a great platform to engage with our fans. Delivering content in this digital age means; engaging with our fans through various interactive platforms that drive talkability and social engagement. Platforms like these enable us to build a community of fans centered on tastemakers, such as our own talent who are household names.
As testament to the advocacy and devotion we’ve built amongst our communities, on a weekly basis we currently reach 16.3 million fans on social media. We also launched our Watch Radio ethos, which further acknowledges radio’s transformation from a pure audio experience to one that is multi-faceted. Last year (2017) alone, we have garnered 619.8 million views of the videos created by our 11 brands.”
• Radio today has expanded from being a straight linear medium to a 360 degrees model.
• Astro Radio recently introduced two new radio brands, ZAYAN and GOXUAN for the new generation of tech-savvy, mobile and socially connected listeners. The two new brands are designed to be digital-led radio brands for digital natives to plug in through various interactive platforms.
a. ZAYAN, the first Malaysian radio brand for modern Muslims, aspires to serve this growing community by delivering music, content and dialogue that reverberates among them. Modern Malaysian Muslims can tune in to ZAYAN by downloading its mobile app.
b. GOXUAN goes where the trendsetting Chinese Gen Z are making their mark. The tech-savvy and socially engaged generation can expect the latest hits, what’s trending and the hottest topics to make waves on GOXUAN. Unlike any other radio brand in Malaysia, GOXUAN is visually-led. Fans can tune in to GOXUAN by downloading its mobile app.
• Astro Radio is also committed towards offering 360 integrated multi-platform media solutions for its clients.
• These award winning campaigns are evidence to its capability of delivering only the best campaigns that resonate with its targeted demographic, underpinning its growing radio advertising (RADEX) to 74%.
• The recent branded content collaboration with Genting Highland saw MY’s Facebook fanpage being the anchor of a campaign to drive awareness of the new lifestyle mall, SkyAvenue. The 15-episode web drama raked in more than 3 million video views and reached more than 11 million fans on Facebook.